We will conduct a routine inspection of the property after the first 6 months and approximately every 6 months thereafter. The main purpose is to reassure the owner that you are maintaining the property and also to check for any repairs that may need doing – in which case we will make a recommendation to the owner that they be done.
To document our inspection we will take photos or we may even video the property and any repairs required. We respect your privacy and therefore it is our policy to not photograph or film tenant’s possessions.
What we look out for at the inspection:
Inside the property
- That walls, light switches, doorways and doors are clean from marks and/or holes.
- The flooring are clean and stain free.
- The windows and screens are clean and intact.
- The kitchen area clean and oven/stove top is free of burnt-on food and carbon staining.
- Shower, bathroom, toilet and laundry are clean (including tiling).
- All areas and rooms are fully accessible (not locked).
- No noticeable new damage.
Outside the property (if applicable)
- The lawns are freshly cut/edged and maintained.
- Gardens are tidy and presentable – weeds removed.
- Rubbish and lawn/garden clippings removed.
- Oil stains removed from carports, garages and driveways.
- All outside areas, garages, store rooms etc are all accessible.
- Swimming pool and/or spa are clean (if applicable).
If you have an approved pet/s
- Droppings have been removed.
- Pet damage or rubbish has been repaired and cleaned up.
Please note: Dogs must be restrained for the inspection.